Wednesday, April 13, 2016

"Wed's Wonderings & Wanderings": Release Dates

After the course of a year and a half of blogging, I've come to notice something about book releases. There is no pattern! With the option of self publishing and different publishing organizations the dates for book releases go from Sunday to a Friday  or even Monday. 

Now self publishing allows authors to have the power in just clicking and waiting till the book hits the world, but signed authors have specified dates for release. Which makes me wonder why there isn't a specified release date for books by indie and signed authors. For example if a movie is about to be released it premieres on a Thursday night for a weekend release. So instead of trying to figure out if this author or that author will release a book that day or this day, they'd all release on a Monday.

Perhaps it's just my OCD that wants to see order where there is some chaos, but it's truly odd to me to see a book out on a Sunday. Monday - Wednesday releases brighten those dreary work days but honestly I'm not going to touch the book till Friday or Saturday, which makes me sad or upset at my stupid work. And Sunday is packed with family and church, so forget getting a page of reading done, it's just not gonna happen. So really Thursday seems to work best, for me at least, it's not to far into the work week and is close enough to the weekend that I know I'll be able to read the novel soon. 


I suppose in the end it truly doesn't matter when or what date an author releases a book, because I'll still buy it and still want to read it immediately. Having so many authors sporadically releasing their books does help keep the work week interesting. So in the wise words of Rihanna I'll just "Work, Work, Work, Work, Work" so I can read and read at nights and on the weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment