Wednesday, January 6, 2016

"Wed's Wonderings & Wanderings": New Year Resolutions

New Years came just a week ago and with it so many people around the country and world have pledged the ever fadtastic idea of RESOLUTIONS. The factual definition of a resolution is "a firm decision to do or not to do something." I think too many people makes list of resolutions without really realizing what they are pledging to do or not do, thus weakening the true meaning of the word.

Which is why instead of writing down resolutions I give myself goals. I'm a HUGE planner with to do lists galore, always have been. Since I can remember I've been goal oriented. I knew after my pre-school graduation was over the next goal was always graduate from college. So when the new year comes along I like to think back on my year and set goals for the new year. 
Now keep in mind these goals I set aren't inconceivable but as realistic as possible. Like saving for a new trip or looking for a new job or definitely going out with friends more. I know the goals all sound like normal resolutions, but for me calling them a goal sets them as a standard to achieve rather than something said in the hopes of me maybe doing it by years end. I truly believe our society has killed the word resolutions, but goals are definitely something we can set for ourselves ever day not just on New Years. So I highly recommend setting a goal for yourself monthly if not daily and see what you accomplish, you may just surprise yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment