Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"Wednesday's, Wonderings & Wanderings": ReReading Books and Series


I am a firm believer in the reread. Books should be read and then reread, just as a song is heard and then listened to again and again or a painting admired time and again. A book, though it maybe words, sometimes they need to be read more than once, even twice at times, to be fully appreciated and understood. 


I can honestly say that I have read and reread about a 3,000 books easily. Why so confidant? Well I must always do a reread of a series before the next installment of that series comes out. Let me explain, so if the series has 7 books by the time the last book comes out I must read the first book and all the books in the series again. That means that b y the time the series is over I've read the first book in the series at least 7 times (unless I read it more for fun's sake). When I love a series I L-O-V-E a series and will re-read it till I basically know it by heart. 
Rereading my favorite book(s) is one of my favorite activities. I know reading new books would probably be a better use of my time, but my favorite books are my favorite books for a reason and I think they deserve rereads. Jane Eyre is my ultimate fav for Romance, Odyssey for the Greek Classics, A Tale of Two Cities is my Literary Classic fav and Cleopatra VII: Daughter of the Nile is my favorite childhood book. My current contemporary favorites vary from month to month, but my past favorites remain the same and ultimately help shape my thinking towards other books and life sometimes. So I find rereading my past favs helps me remember what I love or why I love certain things and that is why I always encourage people to reread books, because books deserve the time and thought of a reread for the knowledge and experiences they offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment