Thursday, February 12, 2015

"Romance Thursday": Candy Store by Bella Andre

Genre: Contemporary Romance, 120 pages
Price: $0 FREE (at time of post)
*$4.87 paperback
Publisher & Date: sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. July 1, 2014
Book Link: Click Here
Listed Rating: ðŸ“”📔📔 .7
Price I Paid: $0 (got it FREE on January 23, 2013)  
My Rating: ðŸ“” ðŸ“–

My Thoughts: So Not Romance More Like Sex and Oh Yeah Some Story Thrown In Here and There

      I'm so disappointed with this book. I was looking for a sweet romantic read for Valentine's Day and instead found a book filled with more sex than a story. A romance novel should have a balance between a story and the romance, not just a book filled with sexual interludes, especially for the first two thirds of the books.
      The main characters are Derek McNear and Callie Moore, they have a chemistry that is undeniable and quite heated right off the bat. However it took them till Chapter 7 before they both thought business before pleasure. Callie is in the process of trying to grown her business Callie's Candies and looks to an outside consultant for business help. Enter the Candy King aka Derek, but that tid bit isn't known till they have their second encounter on a counter. 
      "One day we're going to do this properly. Warm and cozy in bed." I'm sorry but it's like their third sexual encounter by Chapter 8 and they have yet to do it properly in a bed. Classy real classy. The book is just clearly more about their sexual encounters than their story. But I kept reading. Finally in Chapter 10 both start professing their love after only officially dating for TWO WEEKS! Yeah super realistic, *rolling my eyes sooo much, by this point I got a headache. Sadly the books only moment of actual conflict occurs in Chapter 13, the couple is shown to have a short tiff, but it's quite stupid and Derek acts rather childish, no story redemption shown there like I'd hoped.
       Overall if you can't tell I disliked the book. The plot was minimal and the story lacked to say the least. If the author had cut the couples 6 sex scenes the book would be cut down two at least half if not down to a third of it's already short length. Now the sex scenes weren't extremely graphic to be labeled erotica worthy, but for the books length the scenes were excessive and distracted from the possible story between the two leads. This is definitely a book I will not be rereading ever again and regret I wasted my time reading a book that gives little fodder for the contemporary romance genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment